Loading comma delimited file

jdedave

Hi,
I am trying to load a comma delimited file into JDE. I don't want to use TC to load the file because it limits to the filename and to a specific directory. I have used B76B0220 to load the flat file into JDE. But now I need to use comma delimited. I really appreciate if you can let me know if there is any way to load this file without using TC.
Thank you,
David
E810, SQL 2000.

David,

You need to learn to cheat!

Create an application with the exact same layout as your CSV file.
Open your CSV table in Excel (that's why we have Excel, right?)
Copy/paste the rows/columns from Excel to your grid

Now - it's up to you... you can program the logic for data validation any way you desire!

(db)
- just one more trip... before the fall...

David,

If Daniel's "cheat" is not the solution you are after, you could try one of these:

1) Using a "Wrapper" UBE to run a TC. The UBE would copy/rename/move any specified (via processing option or UDC lookup etc.) input file to the path/name required by the TC. See post 103598.

2) Read in each line via a business function etc. and parse it. There is an attachment to post 96449 that you may be able to cannibalise to parse the input line.

Peter and Daniel,

Thanks for your input. I will look into this solution.
Thank you,
David

Here is what I did

1) Created an application using the fix/inspect form type
2) Created an F55 table - fields listed on the form are FB01, FB02, FB03 etc until FB10 (or how many columns will be in the spread sheet)
3) User will open up their EXCEL file and copy the selected cell range
4) User will paste the cells into the new application (this is better than the import function for GL as you do not need to remember the cell ranges - just highlight and copy)
5) I created a UTB to do the editing for the table that needed to be updated.

Note: this can be a generic input application with a generic table behind it - you can have many ube's to update tables
For example - think of the grid as a spread sheet - you could load prices into here (UBE 1 to format the data)
load GL transaction, load customer notes - etc

Hope this helps

Back