Liscense update for JD Edwards World A7.3

raj12345

Hi JDE List,

Please, Can anyone help me updating the liscense for JD Edwards World A7.3. Our Liscense is going to Expire withing 15 days.

please help the needful.

Regards
Raj Kumar
JD Edwards World A7.3
Email: [email protected]

Hi woodwrth,

Thanks for your extended help...!!

Previous i gone through, the steps mentioned on orcle support. But i have some doubts thats why post this issue on JDE List.

When we generate SPC code and Install key, they are asking for expiration date, that i think next expiration date. that i am not sure what should i enter for next expiration date.

Second, i am not sure about wheather i should change the default value and expiration date first in system and then generate the SPC and install key and then entered. or i should first generate the key and then change the values in system.

Third, There are around 60 system files get impacted or needs to be updated along with the liscense update. i am not sure about how to update that files. or we need to update first or after updating the liscense.

fourth, Currently i am working on client system, Its written on oracle support that any wrong step may block the system. I dont have previous any experience on updating liscense. I cant do any R&D work on the system because that will all users of the system. i am looking for someone who has knowledge about this process or have some experience on this topic.

Because, System is in read only mode after 2005, they are using checking historical data and generating report on historical data. i am not sure still we need to update impacted files or not.

Hope, you will understand the criticality of this issue.

If you want to share anything you can contact me on my personal email: [email protected] or chat over gtalk.

Thanks for support and providing me some information....!!

Regards
Raj Kumar
JD Edwards Technical Consultant
Worldsoft A7.3

Hi Raj,

I'm no expert here, but what i can provide so that others can comment on it is like this...

It is best to change the effective dates of the system to higher values (and deploy those changes) and then generate the SPC keys.

SPC expiration keys (i guess) only affects the deployment and client machines...while the effective dates expiration really affects the way system deals with dates.

Hope it helps a little.

I guess your coming Christmas is pretty stressful one
grin.gif

Raj,
I THINK your #CYR data item as recommended by woodwrth will limit the next expiration date you can specify. In other words, if #CYR is 10, then you won't be able to specify an expiration date beyond 12/31/2010. For more information you might look at post #154711 or search for posts about changing ending effective dates or something similar. I THINK that there are more posts for E1, but there are references for World included.
Debi

Back
Top Bottom