Level Break Header Appears Twice on Page Break When MCU Changes

Irfan

Irfan

I have a custom report with a Level Break Header by MCU (Job #). The driver section is a join of the F0006 and F0911 and the MCU is based on the F0911. The Data Sequence is by MCU, RP02 (from F0006), SUB, and DCT. On the header I'm simply printing the RP02 (Primary) and the MCU (Job #). I have the properties for the Level Break Header set to Reprint at Page Break. The problem I'm having is that this header prints twice when the MCU changes. I have tried various options like putting in event rules in the header to show/hide this section when the MCU changes but nothing seems to work. I also tried putting RP02 and MCU in the page header but this didn't work so well either. I've attached a PDF of the report and if you look on page 18 that's where it prints the level break header twice. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• 182385-R55JB001_LANE020_D130404_T083826304.pdf
    136.4 KB · Views: 91
I bet it has to do with the Page break you put at the end of your object account summary section. Its not playing nice with the combination of level breaks and page breaking you set up for the level break header.

Thanks Scott! Unfortunately there is no page break after the Object Account Summary section. If I take the "Reprint at Page Break" off on that Level Break Header it only prints once when the MCU changes however it will not print the level break header on every page which is what the users want. I'm trying different things but no luck so far.

Somewhere there is a setting or code that is causing the page after the account summary because you are getting a new page at the end of each account summary. If you have the page break after section option selected, try removing it and using the page break option in the sequencing dialog.

Alright, let's have those RDA screendumps: Section properties, data seq properties, etc.: The works. And while u're at it, also send a bus. view screendump.

Hi Remo

Attached are screendumps from RDA. If you need anything else let me know. I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• 182407-R55JB001 Weekly Job Activity Report.doc
    263 KB · Views: 80
Hi Scott

I think you're right that the page break is causing this. I'll keep looking. Thanks for your help!

Scott & you already mentioned Page Breaks.. Yeah, that "Do Page Break" in your LBF MCU.. Dunno why it's in there, but looks suspicious to me. Dunno how exactly it'll behave together with the Page Break you have in your Data Sequence, but might very well cause your issue. Why do you have it in the code? (Sorry, it's late over here :)). Also I noticed that you're using a columnar section.. I tend to stay away from those. I've seen weird things in the output they produce.

Thanks Remo for your feedback! I just got back from the Quest conference in Denver. Apart from some obvious sales pitches the conference was really good.

I will take a look and see what changes I need to make.

Yeah, I figured it out. I disabled the page header and put all the column headings and page headings on the level break footer. And then set the level break footer to reprint at page break. That did the trick! Thanks for your feedback!

Back