Langauge Installation

hizbiz79

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble with a language installation on 8.11 SP1 8.95.I2. I downloaded the language installation CD from the oracle site and followed these following steps:

-Language installation plan, then installation workbench
-Created update client package for web generator machine, and full server package build with language selected, then deployed
-Cleared java spec tables and regenerated all objects with alternate language selected

Launched the browser and noticed there were a few problems; around 90 % of the text was translated. I checked the DD items that were not displaying the new language if they had the proper description override, which it did. Then i opened up the application thru OMW and noticed the application had a text override. when i remove the text override, the next time i opened the application it displayed correctly with the alternate language. There are too many of these text overrides to go one by one, did I miss something? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Haz

Attachments

• 110101-screenshots.zip
    70.4 KB · Views: 124
That is the whole point of the override - to be different from what is was originally supposed to be. So, yes, that is a manual process
confused.gif

I might just mention that we have a commercial tool to bulk-delete such overrides by DD item, because just as you said, most of the time there's no point having these overrides if the DD descriptions are correct and it's hard to remove them manually...

I was able to fix the problem, it was related to two issues, on the packages had to be rebuilt and the follwoing:

This is likely due to an incorrectly set "Description 02" field in UDC 01/LP. An incorrect value in "Description 02" will cause this type of symptom.

See the attached screenshot for an example of issue. In it several items are not presented in French.

Run the UDC application and search for Product Code 01, User Defined Code LP, find the language code that has the issue and check the value of the Description 02 column. Correct the value for Description 02 if necessary. Save the UDC and close your HTML client session. Log back in the HTML client and verify if the items are now presented in the respective alternate language. Below is a list of the correct values for the Description 02 field.

Codes Description 02
en
1B
AR ar
BG bg
C cs
CS zh_CN
CT zh_TW
DN da
DU nl
E en
F fr
FN fi
G de
GR el
HR hr
HU hu
I it
J ja
KO ko
NO no
P pt
PO pl
RO ro
RU ru
S es
TR tr
TX tx
W sv

Fixed it and saved myself one hell of a long manual process
smile.gif

I have the same issue - but have validated that the UDC 01/LP are correct - you stated you did 'two' things to resolve the issue, what was the other thing that you did?

Thanks,
John

Back