JDELocal.MDF

Tim2632000

All-

Does anyone know how to read the local datbase files on an 8.9 Standalone? It used to be so easy reading the jdeb7.mdb local database with MSAccess but now that MSDE is the desktop database it's a lot more complicated.

Is there anyway to import them to a SQL7.0 database?

-Tim (AS400, V5R2, HTML Client, Citrix, ERP8.9)

Tim,

I find it easiest to load a copy of the SQL server tools on the machine(s) that you'd like to look at the tables for.

Regards,

Jim-
Thanks for the "comeback;" however, I have done that and still can't view the JDELocal.MDF in the B9 directory. Which tool do I use?

Thanks
-Tim

I have setup a ODBC data source and extract data into Excel using the ODBC data source (or you can use Access with linked tables). Let me know if this is something you are comfortable with and I can post the details..

Tim,

Create a new Access Project (existing data). You will be asked for Data Link properties and fill in the appropriate information.

One negtive to this, no update queries can be created.

Andy

OWB9-
Thanks for the info. Yes go ahead and post the information, I can use it.

Thanks
-Tim

Create two ODBC data sources as defined below:
1. Name: OneWorld Business Data
Description: JDEData
Server: YOURMACHINENAME\JDELocal
Authenticate with SQL server authentication (userid is sa and password is blanks)
Change Default database to: JDEData

2. Name: OneWorld Local
Description: JDELocal
Server: YOURMACHINENAME\JDELocal
Authenticate with SQL server authentication (userid is sa and password is blanks)
Change Default database to: JDELocal

Now you can use these Data sources in Access or in Excel.

I can't seem to get my odbc data sources to work as defined above. I get the error "Login failed for user sa". I'm using:

User - sa
Password -

Any suggestions?

Back