JDE password Reset problem

Abir Mannan

Hi,
I am having this password problem. i have ITPOWER role which is the copy of SYSADMIN role and just exception is i do not have PD environment.
i can deal with all other security issue and change the security on . but when i try to reset user password in P98OWSEC. its not changing the password.
but it does with SYSADMIN role. i do not have any security on any application or on the security workbench. it is just that password reset issue. it is not even showing any error messege. when i click on the OK button it is going smoothly but just not resetting the password.
is there might be anything to do with .ini file or in some other system setup which is not allowing me to reset the password?

thanks
Abir

any help please?
crazy.gif

The only time I have seen this happen is when the ESU that changes the encryption level on the AS/400 was not applied to all the path codes. I could change the password in DV, but if I tried to change it in PD, it would let me hit ok, but the password would not change.

I am curious if this ever got resolved. I have the same issue with a role I created called HELPDESK. It has the same security as a role that is working called CNCADMIN. The only difference is HELPDESK has access to just the CRP (test) environment while CNCADMIN has access to DEV, CRP, & PRD. In addition, the HELPDESK role cannot disable/re-enable user profiles. There are no error messages. The P98OWSEC acts like it is working but any subsequent find against the user profile shows the user status unchanged or the password unchanged.

Hi
I had a similar problem, try this

- In your OCM - Search for the BSFN - B98WPWD
- Set the primary datasource of this BSFN to - LOCAL

Try changing the user password now.

I tried the OCM mapping for the B98WPWD & B98OWSEC objects to LOCAL for the problem environment but no success. I think the encryption check might be something to further investigate. When I assigned the HELPDESK role another environment - DEV, it started working for users in that role even though they are signed into the CRP environment which did not work by itself.

Back
Top Bottom