Italian Localisation

lawrence_janes

Hi All

Background - I am working with a JDE client that is opening an Italian operation and I am in the process of configuring the Italian company and setting up all the italian localisations within JDE. The group policy for next numbers is for simple next numbering and therefore not numbering by FY and document type.

I am being told by the legal team that the requirement in Italy is for sequential progressive numbering.

Please can you advise if this is a normal issue for Italy and how it would normally be approached / resolved.

Lawrence,

indeed I can confirm you all VAT documents in Italy (customer invoices and supplier vouchers) should have a sequencial numbering usually starting with one (1). It usually means you are using for example 11000001 as first document number for year 2011.
Please mind VAT is always working on solar year basis regardless of your fiscal period.
For example: you can have a fiscal period June-May, but your document numbering should be reset on January 1st.

If you look at Italian localization guide, you can see there are specific setup and localized programs to deal with VAT and different Statutory-Legal constraints.

Kind regards,

Carlo

Back