Inventory Issue Revisions P31113

Randall Whiteman

Can somebody please tell me what conditions cause a line to be "closed" on the Inventory Issue Revisions form in P31113? I've tried tracking back through the C business functions but I'm getting lost in the code.

Also, our users want to streamline the process of entering over-issues. We can put a "1" in the Issues column of any open line on the Inventory Issue Revisions form and then use Multi-Location row exit. This is ok when open lines exist but doesn't work when all rows on the grid have been "closed". Does anyone know the implication of hard-coding a "1" into the Issues column of the first row (only if it is null) so that the Multi-Location row exit is always available? I know that will allow the Multi-Location row exit to execute but I don't know what implication that will have on the downline processes.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Randall Whiteman.

Given the lack of response, we decided to just go ahead and see if the mod worked.

We put some code into the Get Custom Grid Row event on Inventory Issue Revisions to hard-code a "1" into the Issues grid column when Item Number exists AND Quantity Ordered does not exist AND Quantity Issued does not exist.

This allowed the Multi-Location row exit to function as normal and we could proceed with an over-issue. This seemed to work in development testing and we are now proceeding to integrated testing.

If anybody can see any traps with this modification please let me know.

Thanks,
Randall Whiteman

Back