Inventory & COGS incorrect for -ve Qty orders

ossidon

ossidon

HI,

I have a situation in which two Sales Order Doc types SW & S6 behave differently when a sales order is entered for a -ve Quantity. The S6 Order works fine whereas in the SW order the Invenotry gets credited again and the COGS gets debited again for a -ve quantity.

For SW Sales Order entered with a positive quantity the distribution is as follows.

Revenue Credit
A/R Debit
Inventory Credit
COGS Debit

If I back it out by entering a Sales Order with a -ve quantity then the distribution should be reversed out as below
Revenue Debit
A/R Credit
Inventory Debit
COGS Credit

However we find that the Inventory is Credited again and the COGS is Debited again. Please note that the Line type is an S and the item is a stock item. This issue is specific to the SW orders only whereas the S6 orders work fine as expected. I have checked the AAI's and they seem to be pointing to the right accounts. Any suggestions where I cn look in the setup will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
OW XE Update 7 SP 23.

Hi,
Please check the difference between SW & S6, you may find the reason by yourself. From my experience, the line type should be "C" for reverse operations.
Hope it could be helpful for you.

Hi ossidon,

Are you testing a new approach? Please see the Credit Sales Order in OneWorld document, that maybe help.

Regards,
David Huang

Back