Invalid Overwrite/Read error

Ken

I'm getting on an invalid Overwrite/Read error on a custom report that is called from a row exit on custom program. I can get the error by pushing the row exit button repeatedly on my fat client. However the error comes up quite frequently on Citrix, and has even occured on the first instance of the row exit button being clicked. There are no user overrides on either program. In fact the form that the button exists on is just a simple Find/Browse form that has very little logic attached to it.
When looking at my logging the only consistent thing I can find is the following line happening at (around) the time of the error ( I stop my logging at the time the error message comes up and mark it):
Oct 25 09:16:30 ** 1048/1476 ODBC:I DBInitRequest(reuse) conn=04932D50 hd=0686F2A8 dr=0671A830 MPBHERP1 A (MPBDEV@Business Data - TEST)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Check the Business View used by that custom report to see if anything is missing.

Debug in C++ and 100% you find the problem. DBInit , problems are usually related to Opening Files !!!

Have either the person who is trying to run the report, or if it is you, log off. Have someone delete your user overrides if it is you and then log back in. For someone else, just make sure they are logged out and do the same. It won't work if that person is logged in because the corrupted grid formats will be saved upon exit. Good luck!

Back