Interoperability: Comparison Chart

lavanyajjde

Dear Members,
My name is Lavanya and this is my first post in this wonderful group.I am having close to two years experience in JD Edwards.I have had some experience on the interfaces part as well especially in EDI,Z Files,OW Adapters.
In my current project which is an upgrade from 812 to 9.0,the client also wishes to go in for Business services as against the Web Methods and adapters in the integrations currently in use and they are trying to ascertain the advantages for it.

I have had little experience on Business Services wrt how it functions,the business service and the published business service part and the inbound outbound one and I have gone through the manuals on them but I am not able to get some kind of comparison chart something like which would answer "Why do we need to go for Business Services ,what advantages does it offer wrt the other integration methods like OW adapaters,WSG and its advantages over them".

Like in case of 812 Vs Xe we can list the advantages of 812 as being web client ,data browser on web,XML publisher..

in the same way I tried to see if I can list out advantages of Business Services over the other methods so as to present it to the client.

I went through the Interoperability Document and the various Business Services manuals which explains the features of Business Services but I couldn't find a comparative chart that would list how Business Services is superior to others..

Can you guide me regarding this on how to go about.

Basically we are on 8.12 8.97 planning to upgrade to 9.0 8.98 and planning to go in for Business Services as against WebMethods currently.

Regards,
Lavanya

Logically - I'm not sure how one would consider WebMethods a competing product to Business Services?...

The Business Services within E1 is a 'free tool' after you excise the learning curve costs out of the product. You get the opportunity to use many of the Free Oracle 'plug-ins' built into E1 - or, as most organizations are, build your own.

WM - they are a third party plug-in at-co$t. It is a great product and has full SOA integration into E1 - and a lot other useful functionality. Did I say at a co$t? You will have to count in Training, Support and Product co$$t into the decision.

The SOA/BSSV aspect of WM, does not seem to be a true competitor to the flexibility of true E1 Business Services. You can either use the 'Plug-in' concept of WM or build true flexibility via BSSV.

Two Cents.

(db)

Back