Intalling JDE Demo Junior on Windows 7 (64-bit)

Nitin_Doshi

Has anyone installed JDE Demo Junior 9.0 on Windows 7 (64-bit) using MS SQL Server? It installed okay. When i start JDE E1, I get error message 'Unable to send message to Security Server'. Help please.

Search is your friend. Here is one example of this same subject covered within the last year: link. Most of the previous similar questions were actually within 2 years ago.

From the error message, it looks like it's just a missed configuration issue somewhere, but it's impossible to tell which one without logs. Please check through the installation PDF to make sure you followed all the steps, and post the JAS log files if you are still having trouble.

Looking at your subject line again, I will bet you that you do not have an ODBC entry in the 32-bit ODBC section. Since you are on 64-bit Windows 7, the installation routine probably created the E1 ODBC entries in the default ODBC Administrator, which is 64-bit. Use the one under SysWow64, and recreate the entries manually.

Hi,

Right click on the Solution explorer Icon and run as administrator and try it ..

Thanks,
Jyothi.

Back