Hemant Sharma

HI EVERYBODY,

I m installing demo 8.11 n demo 8.9 on a single machine ,

1. I installed 8.11demo in "c:\"
2. Then use the snapshot of demo8.11 n save that
3. then install demo8.9 in "d:\" drive
4. n save demo8.9 into snapshot
5. after that when i restore demo8.11 its working fine
but when i restoring demo 8.9 and when i click on solution explorer it even cant show any screen at all
and throwing this error

"Business function failed - CALLBSFN- _jdeFreeEnvBSFN@12"

Can Anybody help me in this plzzzzz quick

HI Dears,

Now i have done job if u r interested to see that than most welcome u all.
THE Whole Documant is as follows:

Demo 8.11 n Demo 8.9 on a single machine :

1. I installed 8.11demo in "c:\"
2. Then use the snapshot of demo8.11 n save that
3. then install demo8.9 in "d:\" drive
4. n save demo8.9 into snapshot
5. after that when i restore demo8.11 its working fine
but when i restoring demo 8.9 and when i click on solution explorer it even cant show any screen at all
and throwing this error
"Business function failed - CALLBSFN- _jdeFreeEnvBSFN@12"

And also
“ NO valid OW Installation “

At that time the content of the “jdeinst ” file was

1. 1 12:49:35 I Install Started
2. 4 12:49:41 I Operating System = WindowsNT 5 . 0
3. 2005 12:49:44 E CInstaller::UnConfigureSecurity(): Directory permissions on '' are invalid.
4. 101 12:49:45 I Setup was either canceled by the user or failed.
Install Time: 00 hours, 00 mins, 10 secs.”

Now when we go to uninstall the DEMO 8.9 it is not uninstalling that and throwing following error
“The path is not accessable”

than we again install DEMO 8.9 on the c:\ drive

then we again get the error
Business function failed - CALLBSFN- _jdeFreeEnvBSFN@12"
and when we saw “jdeinst ” the content was
1. 1 04:38:47 I Install Started
2. 4 04:38:53 I Operating System = WindowsNT 5 . 0
3. 2 05:02:12 I Package Chosen: D:\Enterprise One 8.9\Demo CD2\package_inf\Demoh.INF
4. 7003 05:37:40 E ÄûI: Configuration error for INI update. The error message was 'Compiler Install Path not found in registry
5. 103 05:38:02 I File copy and configuration time: 00 hours 35 mins and 38 secs
Install Time: 01 hours, 00 mins, 51 secs.
Congratulations! Setup completed successfully.”

As above the error
“ÄûI: Configuration error for INI update. The error message was 'Compiler Install Path not found in registry'”

this is only because of clasing the registrys

so due to this
“As we know, using Snapshot to switch between different versions of JDEdwards® EnterpriseOne®

* The shortcuts are all pointing to different folders, making it hard to find the correct one, plus it makes it easy to run the wrong one. And corrupt the configuration;
* Snapshot does not restore all registry settings properly, causing innumerable (and different from release to release) issues;
* There's only one PATH variable, making it easy to run wrong executables (e.g.: RDA, FDA, UTB, etc. are started from FastPath using the "first one found" copy of the EXE) or to load wrong DLL's, again causing more grief.

SOLUTIN OF THIS PROBLEM IS:

To fix all of these issues, we have find a free piece of software, named OneExplorer - it's downloadable from WEB Site http://www.everestsoftint.com.

Just unZIP the executable onto your Windows® Desktop and delete all - now superfluous - OneWorld® icons.

This executable will be the only one you need to run - it fixes the [known] OCX, etc. issues and then starts up the correct version of OneWorld® - the one you have restored with Snapshot last.

It also fixes the PATH variable for OneWorld®, just before it starts it up.”

So because of this issue
=>again uninstall the DEMO 8.9
=> install this software oneexplorer
=>at this time the DEMO 8.11 is saved in the snap shot
=> again install DEMO 8.9
=> run this by the oneexplorer only
=> save this in the snapshot and
=> restore that one which u want to use.

NOTE:
"always use the Snapshot.exe from the most current release”
The reason for this is that the newer versions of Snapshot has some more features and advance modifications which the previous version doesn’t have ..

Released by:

Hemant Sharma(CNC)

Nectarsoft Technologies
www.nectarsoft.co.nz
email:[email protected]

I see that you have installed Demo Jr. 8.11? Do you have any good advice for getting this installed? I am having difficulty as the instructions are not very straight forward, and I'm finding that not everything is included in the instructions which came with the demo jr download. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

*We are installing on Win 2k and XP machines

hi johnson,
how r u ,
we also working on windows 2k n 2k3 so can u tell me what this mean of jr. DEMO 8.11 n also what type of problems u r facing .just plz tell me those problems specifically so that i will try to sort out those .

thanks

regards

Hemant Sharma(CNC)

Nectarsoft Technologies
www.nectarsoft.co.nz
email:[email protected]

Back