Insert text into ABGT Media Object within an UBE

MikeS

MikeS

Hello there - I am new to the forum and actually kind of new still to working in the JDE/Peoplesoft environment (started creating UBE's about three/four months ago).

We need to import a legacy system customer master into our existing XE customer master (F0101 / F03012 etc.). I have created a UBE to populate F0101Z2 and F03012Z1 and was succesful in creating the new customer records however there is one field that we also would like to import that I am stuck on.

It is a text comment field that we would like to insert into the ABGT media object text attachments for the respective customers. I did some searches and it looks that you can only do a "Get Text" on ABGT within a Batch Report but not an "insert/add text".

This is only needed for a one time import but if we can get it to work we could also use something similar when we import the Open A/R items from the same legacy system. They also have a lengthy comment field for each open A/R record with important comments that our customer finance department would like to see moved into the Media Object text attachments for the open items once we import those.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Schuetz

B7333 XE SP23_J1 AS400 V5R3

P.S.: Great forums here - I already found a fountain of useful information here over the past ten days after one of my co-workers pointed this site out to me.

Try these API functions. You will need to write C BSFNs to use them. This is the only way to accomplish what you want.

JDE API Generic Text Functions
OneWorld has some API functions which can be used to manipulate text in media objects. I found 2 which worked well for inserting text and retrieving text. I have described the functions below for your reference.

GetAllGenericTextName
This function is used to get text from any media object record. When successful it returns a pointer to the text string.

JDERTN(LPSTR) JDEWINAPI GetAllGenericTextName(LPSTR pObjectName,
LPVOID pKey,
BOOL bConvert );

pObjectName – The name of the media object data structure.
pKey – Pointer to the data structure holding the key values for the media object record.
bConvert – Tells the function whether to return the raw data or just the text.
0 – Return raw data. This includes text and all formatting data.
1 – Convert to text only.

Return Value – Pointer to string which holds that data returned.

NOTE: There is a bug in the conversion process used in this function. Blank lines that do not have at least one character on it in addition to the “new line” character will be deleted.

ModifyGenericTextName
This function is used to replace text in any media object. It’s name is misleading. In this case “Modify” means replace.

JDERTN(JDEDB_RESULT) JDEWINAPI ModifyGenericTextName( LPSTR pObjectName,
LPVOID pKey,
LPSTR pText );

pObjectName – The name of the media object data structure.
pKey – Pointer to the data structure holding the key values for the media object record.
pText – Pointer to the string (text) that you want to place in the media object.
|
|

That's correct, unless a packaged third-party solution is desirable.

For example, we have one. There may be more around...

Scott,

Thanks for the quick reply and the code. I will have to check that out. Unfortunately I don't have too much knowledge in C but I will see whether one of my co-workers can assist me in getting this programed.

Mike Schuetz

Alexander,

Thanks for the quick reply and the info about your product. Unfortunately I think that I will have difficulty getting a purchase approved at this point. But if I do I will let you know.

Thank you.

Mike Schuetz

Hi Mike,

Essentially you need to write to the F00165 TABLE. There is a Business Function you can use for this, it is B0500047. I have managed to use it successfully so if you need any info on using it, please let me know.

Hi Conn,

Thanks for pointing out that business function. I will have to check that out. I will let you all know how it comes out.

Mike

Hi,
I need help in Media Object. we are inserting records to F4801 table throught XML Call Object. But the client wants to add attachment also throught XML Call object. Currently I have written a NER which intern calls the X4801 MBF and inserts the record. But I am not sure about how to do the attachment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hi,

You could use the Business Function B0500047 mentioned above. By the looks of things, you would write to object GT4801, constructing it's text key in accordance with this Media Object's Structure. Maybe it would be an idea to inquire on F00165 using Sales Order Detail 'GT' GT4211A. This would be quite similar to what you should expect.

I just wanted to thank you all again for your input and help with this issue and let you know that I was able to successfully insert the text into ABGT media objects using the following two business functions:

B98700 - Get and validate the data source for an environment

B0500047 "Write World Test to OW Generic Text".

cool.gif

Hi all.

I've attempted to follow this thread and adapt it for use with XML Interoperability. I am able to call these functions, but the text attachment does not appear. Looking at the C function seems to indicate that it will not do anything if the object is not "GT00092" or "GT00092A". How have you managed to associate the attachment with a purchase order, or purchase order line?

TIA,

Steve Cutbush.

Hi
I am trying to Insert some Attachments to F00165 directly in 8.11. For that i want to use Business Function B0500047, but unable to map the Data Structure. Can you send me any help document which will explain how to map the Data Strucure.

Regards
Chandu

Hi,
Can you send me the mapping for the Business Function B0500047. I am reading text for an item from a custom table and wanted to insert it into F00165.
Thanks for your help.

madajee

i'm also facing the same issue. Would greatly appreciate if someone could send me some inputs to make it work successfully. Thanks in advavance. Please send me email to [email protected]

Hi Mike,

I'm facing this issue right now. I have to insert records to F00165 with GT00092 data structure. We know that we have to insert records on F00092 and F000165 respectively however, we don't know what business funtions we have use. You've mentioned two functions, do you have any documentation on how they works? Also, we need to extract this data afterwards, do you know any business function we can use to extract them properly? Thanks so much in advance for your reply

Hi Mike,

Essentially you need to write to the F00165 TABLE. There is a Business Function you can use for this, it is B0500047. I have managed to use it successfully so if you need any info on using it, please let me know.
Hi Mike, Kindly send me information about B0500047 how to use it. Thank you in advance.

Back