Implementing ST/OTs

How difficult is it to implement ST/OTs?

OTs were firmed and the supplying plant is seeing STs. However, we do not have AAIs for ST/OTs.(Cardex currently shows transfers to us via a "Mexico Transfer".)

Are there other issues to address before we can use the ST/OTs? Are there any white papers for implementing ST/OT?(I haven't locate any, yet.)

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Mike

OW XE

Hi Mike

Nothing too tricky about ST/OT implementing, although there are many variations on this theme.
A couple of tips & traps (just of the top of my head; this is not a complete list)

* ST/OT was somewhat unstable in older versions. The Related order information tended to get lost and there were issues with ship confirmation and costing.
* Ensure the correct version of P4310 is called from P4210 and set your price rule for transfer (eg based on cost, price or markup)
* Ensure Order activity rules are set up for OT
* Ensure the item exists in both branches (there are ways to auto create these items, but with their own associated issues)
* Run EOD in a separate version for ST with AR turned off, thus invoking AAI 4245.
* Talk to your accountants for the AAI setup. You will probably need to post to a clearing account and a stock in transit account which will be cleared by the OT receipt and possibly a variance account
* I find it a good trick to use flex accounting. Flex SDRORN in AAI 4245 with subledger type Y and flex PDDOCO in AAI 4320. This will really help in reconciling your Stock in Transit account.
* There is no check to prevent OT's being received prior to ST's being shipped

Good luck & Rgds

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

Hi Mike,

Just one more important area to look at (if you use manufacturing, which I believe you do):

You need to condider the effect of interbranch transfers carefully during your Review of the Supply and Demand inclusion rules for HIS
(forecasting) S&D, MRP, MPS, DRP etc.

Rgds

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

Back