How to Get report UBE User Data Selection?

kai zhou

I'm writing a report, which has a main section and a custom section. Is it any business function to allow me to get the Data section of main section, and then set to custom section? Thanks!

Hi Kai

You can use the "Use Data Sel/Seq from a Section" System Function. This will allow you use the same data selection from another section in your report.

You can also search the archives as this topic has been discussed before.

The only problem with this is that it is over the primary's section and it's business view. I don't know what your custom section is based on if it even has a business view. I find it very limiting because you can't grab the data selection and use it over another business view. For instance if you have Business view that is over the payroll Master F060116 and you are selection a range of companies 1,2,3. Now your custom section is over the payroll history file F06146 which has company in it, yet you wish to only select the companies in the primary section. This is tough. I have not found out a way to do it properly. Now if you want to grab p/o data that is easy. You would have to create a custom BSFN to grab the companies from the first and append them to a different BSVW's data selection. If someone wrote this I think a lot of us would be will to pay. I hope I made some sense and did not just ramble - Angelis

I agree with Angelis. THis system function works only when teh business view for both the sections is same.

Angelis,

That's an interesting idea for development. Please, e-mail me directly.

Hi,

Just an addition:
This system function won't get the "programmed" selection via SetUserSelection system function.

Regards,

Zoltán

I agree with the limitation based on the different views. If you need to pass the DS your using throughout your UBE though there are other ways that work fine.

What I usually do is create global variables in the report header print and then you can use them in the DS externally in the versions or internally. If you want to overrride it to a certain company for one section you can change the glbl var before you call it and it will create the SQL view for only that Co. So using glbl variables you can pass the values to be used in the DS for each section. This is not what you asked for but it will accomplish what you need. Just a thought.

tviti...
cld u pls explain with an example...
n Report Header Print is d report Header rite...

Back