How to develop in JDE E1 ?

anggoro

Dear All

How to start develop in Oracle JDE E1 ? because i'm a JDE One world developer before. I used to use FAT Client to develop in JDE. what about in JDE E1 ?
confused.gif

I still install a fat client to develop in JDE E1, the same as when it was OneWorld. However, additionally, you can setup a standalone web development client, so you can see what you develop will look like on the web before you build a package. You might want to reference the stand alone web client documentation on Oracles website.

Anggoro,

As a former JDE OneWorld developer, you'll find that the development tools themselves haven't changed too much (form design, report design, table design, view design, etc.). The big change you'll probably notice is that the old Object Librarian has been replaced with the Object Management Workbench (aka OMW). This is the program in which you control the objects you work on project-by-project, lets you check objects in and out, and promote them from one environment to another. All of this still has to run on a fat client (now called a development client), which now also includes a local web server for testing changes locally before deploying to servers.

It would probably be worth your while to take some JDE Developer training to formally brush up on what's new and how best to use the current JDE development tools available.

The tools themselves didn't change that much.
An issue is the local web server that can be a real pain (objects serilization). However if you're using 9.* E1 you won't even notice this point.

The other (and main) issue is the arrival of powerforms and consideration about how E1 work now : NER SQL code in forms is evil, you'll have to get used to MVC design, even SOA through BSSV.

A training course to get the big picture about changes is a must do.

Take training. It is really a must for beginners. Well worth the money. Main changes are Powerforms and some internal system codes etc. But from design on fat client. You won't notice much difference. But of course like said, you must have the web dev setup to test any form, unless you change it to run on fat client, which does not make sense.

Back