How do I only get my out of balance totals to display once all data is retrieved

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
I have a custom window that displays payroll detail (this window is a headerless detail window THAT IS VIEW ONLY).

At the bottom of the window, underneath the grid I have a summary line that displays a msg and summary totals. This summary line only appears if the sum of the detail lines does not match the summary.

On the web if I have more than one page then the summary line is appearing prematurely because the first page does not balance to the summary total. How do I not have this summary line not appear until all the records are read and calculated. That means if there are multiple pages then the summary will only show if out of balance on the final page.

I calculate the totals in method Grid Record is Fetched

I display the summary line in method (is this the wrong place)
Last Grid Record Has Been Re.....

Should I be moving this display of the summary line to the following method?
Add Last Entry Row to Grid

If I have no grid lines will I still get my summary line to display? If I have no grid lines to display or the total of the grid lines does not match the summary line then the summary line should be displayed.

On the full client it displays properly. But on the web where you have to mark the arrows to go down to the next set of records the summary lines displays prematurely.

In the grid properties, under Options, check "Disable Page-at-a-Time Processing."

Back