HCM self service 9.0 eRecruit

Michael L.

Well Known Member
List,

I’m on the technical side (CNC) and am posting here for the first time. I’m inquiring to find out if any of you are using the HCM self service 9.0 eRecruit module? Any feedback whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Were still on 811 SP1 / 8.98.3.3 and if I’m not mistaken eRrecruit is only available in 9.0??

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Michael,
We were considering purchasing this with our 9.0 installation of HR late in 2010 but scrapped it primarily for two reasons:

1) There is no inteface to eQuest, a third party that takes care of government-required job postings. PSFT already had it, I believe, and Oracle announced around the same time that it was available for E Business Suite, but no love for JDE.

2) The application didn't work. We were going to present the link on its own web page - after the applicant set up their user ID and put it into the application it just closed down. We had a call open for weeks/months and had numerous Oracle support folks looking at it, but not too many people on the support line were even sure how it was supposed to work, let alone how to fix it.

If those two issues had been resolved or even looked like they might be resolved we probably would have purchased the licenses. But there just didn't seem to be even a good effort to address either one. I guess business is good in the ERP market.

We looked at JDE eRecruit over a year ago. It was universally rejected as being too cumbersome. We ended up going with a third party hosted solution to improve the recruitment and selection workflow, with the JDE employee requisitions done at one end, and new hires set up on the other side. Hosted solution came with interfaces for all the major job sites, and a nice xml solution for putting on the web and intranet, JDE would have required custom development.

Hi ,

JDE is an ERP which is filling / satifying universally. It is not a small software where it is straight fit for your requirement.

There are so many people / industries which are implementing it and using it successfully. It does integrate with different external websites. I am not sure who has shown in the JDE product but i feel its better u relook it again and comment it
Thanks

Maruthiram,

Generally speaking, you response doesn't answer the quest regarding the eRecruit bolt-on.... Your response is true (in my opinion), but doesn't reach out to the request regarding HCM Self Service eRecruit.

I've had five clients review eRecruit over the past few years - and Every One Of Them rejected it. On two occasions, Oracle's On-Site Show/Tell couldn't even get it running (remotely on their servers).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That said, modules improve 'everyday' (or get worse, with updates???)... From a daily perspective, each organization will have to determine for themselves if a module works for their situation.

I'm sure there are organizations using the module ~ hopefully they will respond back with success examples.

(db)

Back