Having issues generating tables with local client

radi8

Well Known Member
I am having a problem generating tables from the local client. The message in the JDE.LOG is:

5748/6020 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Wed Apr 28 12:47:29.477008 Jdbodbc.c8352
ODB0000164 - STMT:00 [08004][916] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]The server principal "CRPDTA" is not able to access the database "JDE_CRP" under the current security context.

I know that I was able to do this previously, but after fighting to get a full package built and deployed, I am now experiencing this problem.

I know that you will need more information in order to help, but I am hoping that this may get us close and can provide more details as necessary.

Can anyone help?

Resolved, I found orphaned users and was able to fix them with:
Execute sp_change_users_login 'Auto_Fix', '<username from above>';

1. Has the password for CRPDTA been changed? I know when we went from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 we ran into the same issue generating tables. The fix was using all caps for the CRPDTA, CRPCTL.. passwords in 2005 since our database passwords were setup as all caps. SQL2000 didn't care how it was entered, so we got away with lowercase.

2. Have permissions for the public user changed on the database? When we refresh from PD to PY doing a SQL database restore, we have to change the table owners AND grant permissions on the objects to public. (Many DBAs, understandably so, do not like a public role having update access. If you search JDEList you will find discussions on how to work around using public.)

A quick test: Be careful to not destroy useful data, but try generating a table as CRPCTL. If that works, look at the permissions on the control tables (CRPCTL schema tables) compared to CRPDTA tables.

The summary: If you can remember the last time you generated a table successfully, you can find out from the DBA what happened in the meantime.

Jer

Back