Format Date from mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yy

shah

Hey does anone know a Buisness function to change the format of a date field (DRQJ) from mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yy in a report.

Thanks

The display of the century in a standard date field is determined by your operating system settings. Eg in Windows you can change your regional settings in the control panel.
Alternatively you need to convert all date fields to strings and use date masks for display. For your case I would not recommend this.

Rgds,

Hey "shah",

Hey, you are welcome aboard of JDEList.

Hey, do you want to display date in the described format on a single report and/or on a single field or do you want it everywhere?

Hey, do you had read the sticky posts like NETIQUETTE and "How to ask questions smart way" before your first post?

Hey, regards

Zoltán

I had to write my own C function to do this. I posted this same topic about a month ago and the majority of listers mentioned writing a C function using two functions from the JDE API to accomplish this. Try searching for posts by me, or if you can't find them, I can check for the source code.

Search for post number 94382 with topic "Format a Date as JUL 25 2005" posted by Jeremy Biros. I came across this before. I had to make a C function.

Check post 94382 by Jeremy Biros. I ran into this same problem and had to create a custom C function to interface with the JDE API function that formats dates.

Back