Forecast Consumption

mgerritt

Well Known Member
We use Forecast Consumption (Planning Fence Rule H) for MRP. As I understand it, Forecast Consumption adds unconsumed Forecast to next periods forecast. We rerun Extract History (P3460) and the forecast (P34650) monthly. We forecast on a monthly period. Am I correct in thinking this will never carry unconsumed forecast forward, because if I rerun the forecast monthly there is no unconsumed forecast, from last period, I wrote over it with the new forecast?

you might want to consume the forecast weekly, but still forecast monthly.

I have attached an old JDE presentation that explains all

Attachments

• 56807-A User Friendly Guide to Forecast Consumption.doc
    265 KB · Views: 291
Hey! I wrote that White Paper... Well, what goes around, comes around. Seriously though, I just wanted to add that the P3482 actually does not literally consume Forecast in the F3460 Table. Therefore the running of the R34650 Create Detail & P3465 Forecast Extract aren't entirely pertinent - all the "consumption" is only really visible in the Time Series.

Ross is right - you may find the frequency and date of the Forecast will change the look'n'feel. The classic model has weekly forecasts and a larger monthly consumption period. If you Forecast monthly you lose some of the benefits fo the Rule "H". Look at it this way - you can use other "forecast comsumption" Planning rules but they can only consume within a Time Series Bucket. Rule "H" allows for a bucket that contains several Time Series Buckets allowing for more micromanagement of the details.

Back