Force "Row Exit and Changed " process

jdepeople

Force \"Row Exit and Changed \" process

I am trying to force a "Row Exit and Changed" process in an application without user input .The process should work as follows .
I have a custom "Submit" row exit button on P4310(Work with Order Headers ) which should call the Order detail screen(W4310) and also process all the logic in the "Row Exit and Changed" event in the without user input before the user clicks OK . Any suggestions? Thank you .

OW XE SP23 Update 7
AS400

Re: Force \"Row Exit and Changed \" process

When OK is pressed "Row Exit and changed" (REAC) event is called automatically. It is not necessary for user to change from that row or press enter or any thing. OK does process REAC event.

But IF YOU MUST than you need to put a push button on the form and put all the logic in there and hide the button and than press it your self from your row exit event.

Regards

Hi Venky,

You can press the OK button with system function call from the Post Dialog is Initialized.

Set a flag for OK button to know, that it was pressed programatically, so it can issue a dummy error to prevent to exit the form and skip the normal event rule execution. You can clear this dummy error after pressed the OK in the Post Dialog is Initialized.

Hope this will work for you.

Regards,

Zoltán

Thanks Guys,
Will try and let you know if it worked . Thanks again .

Zoltan,
In my earlier post , I should have said "Row Exit and Changed- Asynch"
This is what I did as per your suggestion .
In "Post Dialog.." I am using "Press Button- OK" and then setting an error in the "Ok- Button Clicked" event rule to not let the Form exit out . But this does not take me into the "Row Exit & Changed - Asynch" event rules .
I clear the error out when I click on "Ok " the second time . The error is on a Grid Column .

I think my problem will be solved if I can process the "Row-Exit &Changed - Asynch" without the user input .
If this cannot be done , I will try its not on sale's suggestion and transfer all the code into another button and click on that button .

Thanks for the help .

Hi Zoltan,
Please see my previous reply to you . Do you think what I am trying to do is possible . Is it possible to execute
"Row Exited and Changed - Asynch" event through the program without user input ???Thanks .

Zoltan,
In my earlier post , I should have said "Row Exit and Changed- Asynch"
This is what I did as per your suggestion .
In "Post Dialog.." I am using "Press Button- OK" and then setting an error in the "Ok- Button Clicked" event rule to not let the Form exit out . But this does not take me into the "Row Exit & Changed - Asynch" event rules .
I clear the error out when I click on "Ok " the second time . The error is on a Grid Column .

I think my problem will be solved if I can process the "Row-Exit &Changed - Asynch" without the user input .
If this cannot be done , I will try its not on sale's suggestion and transfer all the code into another button and click on that button .

Thanks for the help .

RE: Force \"Row Exit and Changed \" process

Hi,
Zoltan almost had the right answer with the press of the OK button (and
that setting an error) What is missing, is the actual trigger to make
the toolset believe that something on the grid has changed and that the
line needs to pass through row is exited async.
Steps.
1). Add a new hidden trigger field to the grid.
2). In write grid line after, populate the new grid field.
3). In last grid record written, set on flag to force error in OK
button, press ok, then clear the error. And set off the flag.
4). In OK button, if flag force error is on, issue error and then exit
OK button.

And that should do it (unless on html).

Re: RE: Force \"Row Exit and Changed \" process

Thanks Peter . I will try your suggestion and let you know how it goes .

Peter,
FYI...got it to work the way you suggested . Thanks much for your help .

Hi.
Please, Could you explain more about your steps to force the execution of the event 'Row Exit and changed'.?
Thanks a lot.

Peter,
FYI...got it to work the way you suggested . Thanks much for your help .
hello, could you please share us the exact steps or code. I tried and i thin i'm missing something.

Back