Font Size

jvorback

Hi All

I’m new here so forgive me if I’ve posted this in the wrong place or if this question has been answered before. With the trend towards flat screens, I have a question regarding increasing the size of fonts displayed on the JDE tree menu and on field titles within JDE screens. The problem with flats screens is that the display is really only crisp when they are running at their maximum resolution. As the Systems Administrator at my company (not a JDE expert), I several users that wear glasses and struggle with the small fonts on these screens. I have tried altering the settings in JDE.INI, but these changes don’t seem to affect the font size anywhere apart from the login screen. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

jvorback,

First of all, welcome to JDEList. This is a great place to ask and answer questions from other JDE users around the world. I'd refer you to the three "sticky" posts on this forum regarding usage of JDEList. One important part is to include your system configuration in your posts, which will help people in matching their responses to your environment.

That being said, if your clients are running Windows XP, if you right-click on the desktop, you can go under the Appearance tab and select a different (i.e. larger) font size. In addition to that, if you click on the Effects... button, you can check a checkbox to use large icons.

I don't know if these will resolve your problem, but they may help. Good luck.

jvorback,

ditto Don's welcome.
The question HAS been asked and answered before - all you need to do is SEARCH to find it.

Anyway - here's my response to your question:

You cannot make changes to Fonts using the INI file.

Your choices are:
1) change these Font Settings using P98980 - Font Override by Language. Be aware that:
- Changes affect all applications and users
- Column Headings and Field Prompts may be truncated

2) For grids you can set a specific font to use for the grid data in a specific grid format/tab. This is the opposite of the above in that it is user/application/form specific. User's should already know how to create a new format/tab on a grid. Then just show them how to right-click on a grid and select the "Font" choice.

Note that if the screen is a wide aspect screen then some things just won't look right - tough cookies.

Good luck,

Don and Larry

Thanks a lot for your welcome and suggestions to increase the font size in JDE. I will give them a go.

Regards,
John.

Back