Fleet Lease Tracking

mjf

Well Known Member
Our Fleet Lease manager has asked me about the ability of Oneworld to track leases. I can see that in Fixed Assets their is the ability to store most of the information we need to regarding a leased vehicle but I cannot see any functionality to process the information. For example we can store the insurance details and registration details, but would like to be able to produce supplier vouchers when payments for these items are due.

I was wondering if anybody out there is tracking leased vehicles and if so have they found any way of processing payments associated with the lease.

Thanks in advance

Marty

Marty, Leasing, financing and insurance information in Fixed Asset is informational only:ie, JDE does not have any applications that use this information. If the insurance and registration amounts are the same from period to period, you could setup recurring vouchers (with the recycle period set appropriately to annual, semi-annual, etc) to create these items.

mjf <[email protected]> wrote:Our Fleet Lease manager has asked me about the ability of Oneworld to track leases. I can see that in Fixed Assets their is the ability to store most of the information we need to regarding a leased vehicle but I cannot see any functionality to process the information. For example we can store the insurance details and registration details, but would like to be able to produce supplier vouchers when payments for these items are due.I was wondering if anybody out there is tracking leased vehicles and if so have they found any way of processing payments associated with the lease.Thanks in advanceMarty
OneWorld: Xe SP16.1
Database: Oracle 8i
Enterprise Server: Compaq Proliant 8500R W2K
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=54044
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World / Xe® and World Applications mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

World, OW B733X and Xe

Marty,

We were trying to do the same thing with OneWorld, having set up fixed assets and using plant & equipment management to maintain fleet assets we wanted to be able to manage the leases on the fleet as well.

The only way we came up with was using the property management module for setting up the lease. We did some prototyping and it met the business requirements, the main issue was complexity of set up and the lack of a link between the fixed asset master and the property unit. The solution would have required assets to be created in both systems which would have been difficult to sell to the business. In the end the fleet manager decided to purchase a product called Tranman that we are looking to interface to JDE.

Regards
Paul

Thanks for this Paul. Actually after I had made this post, I began thinking about both plant maintenance and property management and took a look at the both. I think plant maintenance might be able to do it for us using parts lists to allow the user to generate purchase orders for costs associated with the lease. Still not the easiest system for them but it may be better than the spreadsheets they are using at the moment.

Thanks for the thoughts

Regards
Marty

Back