Fixed Asset Cost

dan_sorahan

I'm curious as to how people are entering the Cost for an Fixed Asset into One World. We need our cost to contain tax and freight charges as well as the actual PO line price. I've entered a PO with an asset ID and had the system calculate the tax amount, then at voucher time I added a line for freight. After posting the voucher batch to G/L, it is then available to post to Fixed Assets. However the only cost I see being posted to FA is the po line price. Ideally we would end up with one cost record in the F1202 that contained po price, tax and any freight for a given asset. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks for your help.

Mike,
Thanks for your reply. Do you have a separate doc type set-up for asset purchases? Do you then have Purchasing AAI's set-up for this doc type to direct freight and tax to FA cost accounts? Appreciate your help on this.

Mike,
Thanks for your help on this. Do you have more than one line item on an equipment PO? If so how do you handle the freight cost for the individual items? Do you create separate freight lines for each asset on the PO? Thanks again.

Back