F0018 Tax File - No PV entries

tmackin

Reputable Poster
I know we are including taxes during voucher entry for tax explanation codes S & U. I cannot find any entries in F0018 for them. I do see RI type entries from our sales.

Am I missing something in a setup or processing options that would post to the F0018?

Tax audit coming soon!!!! Help would be greatly appreciated!!

TIA

You post A/P vouchers (R09801) does not have the processing option set on to write the tax table. So set it on.

Yes, you have to set the processing option for R09801 to update F0018 with the tax information of the transactions you are posting. In 8.9 (earliest documentation I have), it is processing option number 1 on the Taxes tab. You must enter a value of 2 or 3 to also post tax explanation code "S". (A value of 1 only posts the tax explanation codes which start with "U" and "V".) The difference between a value of 2 and a value of 3 is the treatment of tax explanation codes starting with "E". These are the tax exempt tax explanation codes. If you want them in F0018 for audit trail purposes, you must use a value of 3.
Make certain that all versions of R09801 that are used to post vouchers have the processing option set. Delivered versions ZJDE0002 and ZJDE0005 post vouchers. You also need to set the processing option on any custom versions you have created.
The bad news is, this affects new postings only. I know of no programmatic way to get the tax information from already posted vouchers into F0018. The tax information from already posted vouchers can be entered manually using P0018. You could write a custom UBE or use UTB to identify the missing items.

Hi, do you know if there is any report that bring the integrity back between f0411 and f0018 when the post report was run with the processing option as not to create the F0018 information?

Back