Errors in IT transactions- URGENT

jdeconsult2002

Hi Friends,

I have read in one of the white papers of JDE (which i dont remember) that P4113 also also creates IB type transaction for cost changes. That means that a IT transaction can update the costs in a branch plant.

Which are the situations when IT will update costs in a BP like a IB ?

I am facing a situation in my Co where some of the IT transactions are going into error batches. Since we have already recently revised cost prices across all BP , i dont know what situation existed when the IT actually took place but when i look at the tables and documents now the following situations occur:
eg. 1. The IT document (P4113) shows nil cost in the from and the to BP. In such cases, it has written a From and TO record in F4111 correctly with only qty. but zero cost. However, it has also created one more record in F4111 in the from branch plant with ZERO qty and Zero Unit cost but it has written a value (which is actually the qty* actual cost of the item) and the explanation for this line is 'Standard Cost Change'.
2. Further to this when i look at the JE, it has transferred the cost change amount to the Cost variance account (DMAAI 4141) and created the lines on account of 4122 and 4124 stock DMAAI's but with zero values. As a result there is a imbalanced JE.

The question is, if the costs in both the BP were zero, why does the IT create a Standard cost change line.
And if it is creating this std. cost change line, where is it getting the cost from if both the BP had zero cost for the item.

Anyone facing similar things or can give me an idea of where ib is going wrong are welcome

Regards,
TEJ

Back