EnterpriseOne 9.1 Linux Server - Print to a Windows shared Printer

clmates

Reputable Poster
Hi To all

We are upgrading our XE installation to 9.1

In the upgrade we are going to Linux for all the Servers but Deployment

We also use Formscape as Reporting solution so we need to be able to print to a windows shared printer from the Linux Enterprise Server

In order to add to the linux machine the windows printer, to properly work with JD Edwards 9.1 how this printer should be added , using lpd or using cups smb?

any help appreciated

Thanks

We use system-config-printer and this works well without any issues.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi To all

We are upgrading our XE installation to 9.1

In the upgrade we are going to Linux for all the Servers but Deployment

We also use Formscape as Reporting solution so we need to be able to print to a windows shared printer from the Linux Enterprise Server

In order to add to the linux machine the windows printer, to properly work with JD Edwards 9.1 how this printer should be added , using lpd or using cups smb?

any help appreciated

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I am having the same issue where I cannot print from JDE on LINUX to a windows print server for our CreateForm install on an upgrade project to 9.1.3.

Oracle states 'this is a LINUX issue and not an Oracle/JDE issue and cannot help', even though we are using Oracle Linux and JDE.

We were able to get it working using the Linux CUPS pointing to the WIN Printer, but this seems like too much replication. JDE should be able to print directly to the shared printer.

I just activated the LDP protocol, but have not been able to get it working yet, am still working on it.

If anyone has a better solution, please advise.

Update: I found that I need to use CUPS on the lINUX box to get this to work. It is not the way I wanted it, but it is what works.

Create!Form 3.2 does not support TR 9.1. Did you upgrade your CF to Transform CTIS first?

Hi

I just have solved this.

First, the printer should be configured in linux using lpd type RAW (using cups). with smb the problem is that the printer don't get the right job name, but with lpd the report name is passed as the job name

now you can test to print using the lpr command line directly from the unix and the printer should get the job

then we added the printer as a *JDE_PDF in JDEdwards using not the share name, but the cups printer name

Thanks

Back