Electronic Payments

jdedave

We are looking at starting to pay our vendors electronically. I'm looking for input from those of you who are doing this today. How complex is the initial set up? How are you sending remittance advice to the vendors? Has anyone managed to get the system to automatically kick off an e-mail to the vendor detailing the remittance information?
Thanks
David
XE, SQL 2000

You might talk to Mary Henneck at JDE/Denver... JDE internally is paying ALL
of their vendors electronically and might be able to point you to the
correct person.. thanks, Bobby

Thanks
David
XE, SQL 2000

Hi David

Using EFT is pretty straight forward but still requires a little bit of setup and organisation.
Firstly you may need to change your bank tape program to create a file that is compatible with your bank (although an increasing number of programs are available right now)
Secondly, you may want to change your remittance advice to fit your requirements. You can do this in JDE through report writer and/or use a third party tool like Create!Form
Thirdly as indicated you have to consider how the remittance is sent. Again a third party solution is normally employed (also for e-mail).
Once all that is done you can change your payment instruments against your vendors and change the payment instrument default programs to call and off you go.

Rgds,

Hi Sef
What if you have more than one bank? more than one Flat file?what is the required setup to do that.

recently I got a job to creat an EFT for two Banks with different file format. I have created two reports cloned off R04572T2 to produce the files but I wonder if there is any special setup?

Hi Saikha

Can you create two different payment instruments and in P0417 call a different payment print program UBE for each bank?

Rgds,

Back