E8.10 Login Error

max_xx

Well Known Member
Hi,

First of all i will describe the scenario and the error i am getting.

First i created a user named IRFAN , gave that user the roles of CNCADMIN. The user was created successfully. All the steps for creating users were carried out successfully.

Now when i am trying to login through fat client , first of all the screen goes white. The error at the bottom part of the screen says :: "Launch Failed: Invalid Object Name"
(sreen 1 in attachment)

When I try to click on File option in menu bar, it gives a Runtime Error (Screen 2 in attachment)

When I try to login through Thin Client, the login is successful but again a new problem appears in the menu. The gives an error :: "You donot have access to the application menu. Please Contact your administrator".

So, now I tried to create another user named TEMP. I followed the same steps. With the new user, i could not login to the Fat Client as the same error occured but I successfully logged in to the Thin Client and also could see the menu.

I have attached a word file for your reference.

Can anybody help me out.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
IRFAN

Attachments

• 111934-error.doc
    166 KB · Views: 85
I believe this might have something to so with your Solution Explorer security preset in P00950. We had a similar issue here with 8.12 and once we gave the role permission to view menu design (preset 1) they were able to login to the fat client and see the tasks on the web.

Also have you captured any log files? Also verify that you have full access to the location where JDE is installed on the machine and you have access to all the JDE keys in the registry of the fat client, the best way to do this is to have your system administrators make you a full local admin on the machine you are working with.

You could also copy a good known CNC user, like PSFT. After that you can add whatever roles you want.

Back