E1 9.0 Install Errors on version Enterprise Server Windows w/ MSSQL Express 2008

Rich S

Can anyone help out? I'm primarily a pre-sales functional JDE person, back from OW days (Great Lakes), knowledgable in technical, but certainly not my focus. Never "loaded" my own PC (the tech people loaded OW Lite for us sales-types). I've downloaded the 7 zip files from edelivery.oracle, and am installing E1 on laptop for personal use (skills practice). I keep getting install errors, can't complete installation, errors having to do with "InstallShield Wizard Errors: 1 or more errors occurred during copying of files - ESProduct_bean61; ...bean 63; ...bean 67; ...bean 15; ...bean 25; ...bean 37 (in that order) Error 02 and apparently something with MSSQL Server Express 2008. Nothing in the documentation that I've downloaded and read seems to address the issue.

I'm installing on Vista SP2; E1 9.0 Windows Enterprise Server; MS SQL Express 2008 (can't use 2005, not supported in Vista). All are loaded on an external 250 gB HD. E1 is located in: G: J D Edwards/E900/v12434-01/Disk 1, etc. on through disk 7 (zip files are also in E900 folder). MS SQL Express is located in G: SQL for JDE/MSSQL.
When going through the setup wizard, dB is pointed to the MSSQL subdirectory, and everything seems to be set up and ready to go for that. I assume that when it asks where to place Scripts subdirectory, it should also be in MSSQL.
The complete log is available if you want to take a look. It seems to be telling me I'm not connecting E1 to the dB, but I'm not certain on that. I'm stumped.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

[After reading the above post a 2nd time, I've deleted everything I suggested.]

I was under the impression this was for a StandAlone install. Since it's not, then my suggestion becomes: please stop what you are doing, because that won't work. PERIOD.

SQL Server 2008 support is limited to 64-bit SQL Server 2008 running on 64-bit Windows server OS.

If you want to test install E1 (not StandAlone) on a Vista PC, I would suggest you install VMWare Server 2.01, and configure a set of virtual servers.

Back