Document connections, related dates, DRP and so on...

batoha

Hello everybody!
Our company has the following organization structure: single central purchasing depatment and several remote trading deparments. Remote departments periodically make their prospections (read SO) on how much goods they can sale in the next period (for example month after 3 months). They send it to central department where we use DRP to produce the POs to our suppliers. Everything works fine in OW but we have huge problem with fiinding a way to have OW to answer the simple question: What SOs were the reasons for the quantity on a particular PO line and what is the state of execution of every concrete SO line? In situation when suppliers delay their shipments and shipped items not always come exactly in quantities they were ordered we also need to have the ability to have such type of document connections because delayed inbound shipment for us means delayed outbound one. Currently we have to go through every PO and SO document and made nesessary changes to dates and quantities when supplier misses agreemtns terms and delays the shiments.
By the way couple of questions for $1000 :) .
1) How to force DRP procedure generate defer messages instead of expedite ones?
2) We all understand that promised delivery date is related to promised shipment date. So when we change one date the other one may be changed automatically. Does anybody know how to force OW do this for us without modifications? On my oppinion it's just ridiculous if it is not possible at all!

Thanks alot for your attention. Any answer appreciated.
Sergey.

Sergey,

I'm replying to your post - even though my experience is in MRP - not DRP. The two are closely related though.

You are right - its ridiculous that a top tier product such as OneWorld has such a primitive MRP/DRP product. The multi-level relationship information you are looking for between supply and demand is just not there!

A large part of our business is Engineer-To-Order of large capital equipment. We need to know if a $2,000,000 order is being delayed because of a late purchase order for a $.02 screw 5 levels down in the product structure. Very similiar to your need.

OneWorld CAN maintain relationship information (pegging) for top-level supply orders (SO line types W and D). But this is specialized and only goes 1 level.

I am in the process of finishing a custom program that "soft-pegs" (guesses) supply orders to demand orders for 'N' levels. The results are available on an inquiry screen that shows an indented explosion of an SO Demand line to all its children - multi-level indented. However as you can imagine this information is only advisory - the program must make educated guesses in some cases to establish the links between a demand and a supply.

I share this because you may want to attempt something similiar yourselves.

Regards,

Thanks a lot, Larry.
I found it is almost NECESSARY to make modifications to OW.
Great position for JDE! You do changes we don't support this anymore.

Anyway, thanks.

Back