Disabling Delete Button on Data Selection Prompt Screen

nmaphophe

My Client wants to disable the delete button on the Data Selection prompt screen,and this should only apply for specific versions.Help!!!! Is this even possible??

Hi,

Through user security application(P0092) we may give restriction for user.Try this.

Regards,
Puppy.

Hi nmaphophe ,

You can disable the Delete Button for particular user or role by P00950 Application “ Action Security” Option , I hope this will work for you.

Navigation : P00950-> Form ->Action

Thanks
SivaKumar.K

My guess is that they want to disable the users from being able to delete a line of data selection from the reporting. This is not an acceptable solution for most. The problem with the theory is that if the user adds additional data selection they will be unable to delete that line they have added in error. More importantly, it does not keep the user from changing one of the lines of data selection they are trying to keep the users from deleting.

Case in point... Sales Invoicing or Sales Update. Most of us have been in a situation where a user ran the UBE wide open because they deleted the data selection that says only for Next Status = 620 or whatever status needed for the UBE. Removing the ability to hit the delete button will not stop users from changing the data selection to Next Status greater than <blank> which has the same effect.

Best solution is to move the required data selection that you do not want the users to change to a processing option (if the values are locked) and using program ER data selection against the PO value. If Processing Option Values are not locked and feasible, then hard code the value in program ER data selection.

Thank you all for your contribution,SteveH@DJG got the scenario perfectly right.I had already suggested that we move the data selection to the processing options or hard code it to the ER.Then i thought maybe someone else might have done this differently before.I have to admit i couldn't finalize my case with them because i didn't think about what you just stated,that the user still has the ability to change the line and achieve the same result.Thank you once more.
cool.gif

Kind regards

nmaphophe

It is possible to lock data selection lines. this prevents them being deleted and being changed.

In the version design, select the data selection line, then right click and select "advanced", then check the Locked checkbox that appears.

On some tools releases, this "locking" is lost when the version is checked in - however, if you make a data selection design change at the same time, the "locking" takes effect.

Matthew

E1 8.10, 8.97.1.2, Oracle 9i, Solaris

Thanks, MattNorman. Looks like a good reason to upgrade from 8.0 (B7334). We are looking to upgrade this fall. Does anyone know what release this option first becomes available? I think we may upgrade to 8.11 so we should be covered, but it would be useful information to know.

Thanks,

Hi,

I have same issue in one UBE.
The problem is that users are able to delete a row in data selection that is for getting one document number (I.E PO#).
By deleting this row all documents will print.

Did you find any way finally for this issue.

Thanks,
Daryoush

Back