Deployment Server Security

Jeremy M.

Jeremy M.

Well Known Member
I am running E900 all Win08/SQL08. I am trying to give a user access to logging onto the deployment server in DEP900 so that additional users besides the JDE user can build full packages and deploy full/update packages. My deployment server is currently using the security server option. I can see my security changes that I made from a fat client but it is still not allowing my new user to log in to the deployment server. I continue to get the "Make sure your User ID is correct and retype your Password" message. The jde.log only shows:

2600/2952 MAIN_THREAD Fri Jul 02 08:43:34.994000 msc_signon.cpp204
Invalid user name.

2600/2952 MAIN_THREAD Fri Jul 02 08:44:15.117000 msc_signon.cpp222
ValidateUser failed from SignOn

2600/2952 MAIN_THREAD Fri Jul 02 08:44:15.819000 Jdb_ctl.c4175
JDB1100012 - Failed to validate Sign on

2600/2952 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Fri Jul 02 08:44:15.851000 jdecsec.c370
Unable to fetch proxy info: the client must call jdeSecValdiateUserByPwd or jdeSecValidateUserByToken first

Has anyone tired to allow additional users to log onto the deployment server in DEP900 environment?

Does this user exist in the Planner? Also, did you assign the DEP900 environment to the user ID?

The user does have DEP900 has an environment however I am assuming they are probably not in the PLANNER. I only added the user using a DV900 fat client.

I have confirmed that the user is not in the JDEPLAN environment. I have a special ROLE for package building/deploying which is not available in the JDEPLAN environment. Do I really need to do duel setup for this? Is this how others allow additional users to complete these tasks or do you usually give them SYSADMIN (full access)?

You aren't required to build and deploy packages on the deployment server. As long as you have a full development client PC setup you could build the update packages on that which will get rid of the extra setup in the Planner that you would need.

I knew I could build packages from the workstations but, I wasn't aware that I could deploy as well. I'll have to give that a try.

Thanks!

What about Full Packages? Isn't it required to build those on the Deployment server?

Jeremy

I've always built and deployed full and update packages on my fat client.

Patty

It has never been required to build packages on the Deployment Server. It is HIGHLY recommended however, to help cut down on network traffic.

By building on a client, all the NER source files that are being generated, all the database data, spec files, etc. that would just be copied to the Deployment Server's disk drives must now travel back and forth between the client and the Deployment Server.

If you can cut down that network overhead, why wouldn't you? It is only an option though.

The only REQUIRED thing during the package building process is that it must be assembled from the environment you are building for. Else you wouldn't be able to see the proper versions.

Back