DBA Calculation Rules

Adrian_Chimirel

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Hi,
We are looking for a way to configure a Deduction's calculation as two Accruals multiplication.
Accrual A1 has:
a) Source of Calculation = Y Year-to-Date.
b) Method of Calculation = 8 Table - Gross Pay,
c) Calculation Table Method = GA AmountxRate/Basis=Gross, and
Accrual A2 has:
a) Source of Calculation = G Current Period,
b) no table code, and
c) Method of Calculation = % Percent Based on Gross.
Now, the questions:
Q1 - How can we setup the Deduction D = A1 * A2?
Q2 - If Q1 has not practical answer, where is the best place to adjust D's value (from a default of say 1, to the correct value of A1*A2)? At the R07200 Pre-Payroll Driver UBE level? Somwhere else ... BSFN? Which one? :)
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thank you,

Adrian,

Unfortunately, I do not think Q1 is possible. I worked with a lot of similar scenarios but we only needed to add the accrual together for the deduction not multiply them.

Q2 - I am not sure I understand the question but I am only a functional consultant and not qualified to answer your question fully. The B0700005 is the business function that handles DBA calculations. This might give you a starting point to your answer.

Scott

Hi Scott,
Thank you for your valuable input; I needed a functional perspective here, because Q2 takes me, as you were already saying, to the ... hum ... nice B070005 ... it has 12500 lines of code - only:( But a JDE technical person shall do what a JDE technical person is supposed to ... do. I'll follow your lead and hope to have my issue solved by Christmas.
Thanks again,

Back