Data selection on today's date

sati

Well Known Member
Data selection on today\'s date

Hi list

Is there a way to select records based on today's date in data selection. I know this can be done within the report by using Set Selection but I'm trying not to modify the report. We have got a processing option where today's date will be used in the report if it is blank but we can't use this PO as we are going to schedule the report.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Re: Data selection on today\'s date

Hi Sati,

I think it’s impossible without changing the report.

Anyway to use the system date on data selection:
1 – you have to add a hidden “Report Section”;
2 – then you have to add on “Report Section” a global report variable (i.e.: “RV System Date”, alias DGJ);
3 – inside the event “Do Section” of “Report Section” you have to populate the new variable with system date (RV System Date = date_today());

Then user will be able to use the “RV System Date” variable on report data selection.

I hope this solution can help you.

Kind regards,
Marcello

Hello MarcelloQ

Thankyou for your very quick response - I'll try it out and let you know how I get on.

Thanks

... and you call that 'not changing the report' ???

Sati,

In the data selection it is not possible as the SL values doesnot appear. But yes u have to try it out in the Set Selection portion. If PO is BLANK then set selection w.r.t. SL_DateToday ..............u know that

Bye,

Joydeep

Thanks Marcello for your brilliant idea. It worked. But we have to be a bit cautious and keep the hidden section as the 1st one in the design.

Back