Data Selection List of Values

AngVictor

Hello Everyone,
Is it just me having this issue? We have been on OneWorld Xe for several years now. I find it hard to believe that our users, when entering Literal Data Selection, still have to enter a list of values one value at a time and then click the "Add" button. Isn't there a way to copy and paste a list of values from excel. We are having issues with costing and having to enter lists for simulation, freezing, copying to branch plants, then simulating and freezing. That is entering the list 5 separate times, and there could be large quantities of new items we have to do this for.....This is not the only time we are having an issue.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Angie
OneWorld Xe B7333 Svc PAck 23 Update 7
SQL, WinNT

Hello Everyone,
Is it just me having this issue? We have been on OneWorld Xe for several years now. I find it hard to believe that our users, when entering Literal Data Selection, still have to enter a list of values one value at a time and then click the "Add" button. Isn't there a way to copy and paste a list of values from excel. We are having issues with costing and having to enter lists for simulation, freezing, copying to branch plants, then simulating and freezing. That is entering the list 5 separate times, and there could be large quantities of new items we have to do this for.....This is not the only time we are having an issue.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Angie
OneWorld Xe B7333 Svc PAck 23 Update 7
SQL, WinNT
Anyone figure out a solution?

Dustin,
You're going in the way-back machine with this one.

This browser extension to cut and paste into data selection was developed and posted on JDE List by Nimish Prabhu in 2015:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jde-data-selection-import/njpneibpplcgghbjcbfhcdcfigjnaaha

It was developed for Chrome but I believe it works on any Chromium browser. I have it working on Brave.

Still seems to be working fine.

Ironically, since it was highly likely they were still using a Windows client in Xe in 2006 this would not have solved the original poster's problem but it should solve it today now that everything is browser based.

As an aside, this has been an enhancement request since 2008 with Oracle under Bug #10993620 and is still in a pending state. Even Oracle Support now refers us to directly to the link I provided above.

As an aside, this has been an enhancement request since 2008 with Oracle under Bug #10993620 and is still in a pending state. Even Oracle Support now refers us to directly to the link I provided above.

Hi @markdcci

I haven't found the request in the quest enhancement tool searching for the bug number.
Could you please provide the link to let us vote it up?
Maybe there will be an reaction by Oracle if some more clients will rate it high.

Many thanks

Kevin,
The bug should be visible on My Oracle Support under that bug number. But the original request that resulted in the bug being created is on Quest's website listed as ID 1271. Here is a direct link.

You may have trouble with that link since it's not encrypted, but I got it to work eventually.

Back