Custom Tables not reflecting in System

kiran g

kiran g

Well Known Member
I have created couple of custom tables (using existing DDITEMs) and some business functions in Development environment with new data structures(DV812).

During table creation I was able to generate tables at database level but getting error "Table not found in Data source" during Index generation. I have created a Default OCM entry for table which maps tables to Business Tables - TestData data source. But still I am getting the table missing in data source error though I can see the table is getting generated in database system.

Since I was working with Demo setup, I created new full package to reflect the changes (new objects) in DV812 environment in test setup. But even after deploying full package, I am not able to access new objects.

I could see entries for new tables under F9860 table but even after package deployment, central tables like F98710, F98711 for DV812 do not have entries for new tables. I am suspecting because of this, I am not able to access newly added tables through XML APIs as API returns me the TC Wrapper error.

Am I missing something during table creation?

I am also consulting JDE administrator to see if anything went wrong during package creation. But mean while if somebody can guide me on where to look for problem will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.
-Kiran
(JDEOW 8.12 Toolset 8.96 on Win 2k3 with MSSQL server)

You may want to ask your JDEAdmin to run the instcat on your 812 databases (objects and data).
PS I was not able to see a brand new table in utb, too, getting the same error you got: "Table not found in Data source". After refreshing the catalog, everything was OK.

Thanks Adrian...after running the instcat on 812 databases, we were able to bypass error "Table not found in Data source" during Index generation.

After more investigation, we found that during package creation, the user with which Enterprise server DSN was created was not having enough rights to alter existing/create new tables in database. Because of which package specific central tables (with package name appended like F98710DV812FB) were not getting created under Central Objects and hence updated specs were not getting copied from package specific central tables to actual central tables(like F98710,F98711).

After adding required rights to User, package got built successfully(specially Central Object part which were getting built with errors earlier) and after deployment of this package to server we could access the custom tables through XML APIs.

Glad to hear that! Keep the good work going
cool.gif
AND the person who created your faulty Enterprise DSN out of your system
grin.gif

I appreciate your feedback
wink.gif

Back