Cross Reference Building

Jeremy M.

Jeremy M.

Well Known Member
I recall Oracle recommending that you should build the cross reference tables by running the UBEs one at a time instead of using the all objects version. I have always done it this way but is it really necessary?

That is the way I do it every time. I do it for the same reason but also because I believe that its likely one version builds off the data from the previous. Also, if / when it bombs off, you can just restart the version you have a problem with.

[ QUOTE ]
I recall Oracle recommending that you should build the cross reference tables by running the UBEs one at a time instead of using the all objects version. I have always done it this way but is it really necessary?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's also how I do it. And here's another trick:

To only run XREF over changed objects - Data Selection on Date updated [UPMJ] >= [last run date]

The reason you want to run the cross-reference one object at a time is because it takes a very long time when you run all objects together. I've met people who said their's ran for days.

Brad
OneWorld B7321 - EnterpriseOne 8.12

I've been running the ALLOBJ every month for several years without a hitch. It takes about 7 hours to run locally.

Nope, I don't use any data selection when I run it. Takes 6-7 hours locally.

I chose to create 8 new versions, one for each of the records in UDC 98|OF (APPL, BL, BSFN, BSVW, DSTR, GT, TBLE, and UBE).

I run these individually, mainly so that if there are any connection problems during the time the UBE is running, the whole process doesn't have to be re-started, only the version you were running at the time.

Some of the versions run quite quickly (couple of minutes), with versions for APPL and UBE taking the longest (a couple of hours maybe).

Back