Creation of Cross Tab Reports

SasiKumar

We want to generate some cross tab reports for sales mis.
We intend to do this using the category codes in item master and
Address book number. Typically a report will look like this.

Sales for the period dd/mm/yy
------------------------------------------------
Product -> xx1 xx2 xx3 xx4

Region

yy1 99 99 99 99

yy2 99 99 99 99

yy3 99 99 99 99

Product is represented by item master category code 01
Regiion is represeneted by Address book category code 11

Can somebody suggest a way to achieve this

One approach you might be able to use if you have a relatively limited number of different regions would be to create a work table with the regions as numeric columns and a column for the item number. In your report, add one section to build the contents of the work table and then a second section to display the data from the work table or create one report to build the table and another to view, depending upon how dynamic the data needs to be.

The problem with this approach is if new regions are added, you will need to modify the table and the report, unless you add extra columns to your table and also add identification columns that contain the value identifying the region, thus allowing regions to be assigned dynamically.

I don't know of any way to create a temporary table or new table in JDE on the fly through code. It should be do-able via a C business function, but I couldn't find any base JDE functions to do it - maybe there is a custom function out there somewhere though. My understanding is that cross-tab and other slice & dice reports are best created outside of JDE, with a tool like Crystal Reports.

Back