Copy object

rkt

Hi,

if the object is copied, how to find the source object. I did check logging for the target object, but I didn't find from which object it is copied.

Thanks,

You could... Refresh your Cross Reference tables and search for what objects are linked to the copied object. Then do a reverse search from those objects and you will find the original.

If the copied object is a BSFN, look in the code for developer comments to the original object.

Have you done an advanced search in OMW yet? Sometimes the developer will leave the original object in the project he used to create the copy. Hope this helps.

One of the older posts (years ago) on Developers forum explained how you could retrieve the original object from the local specs record - in the TAM files.
OR, maybe the person who copied used the original object name, adding just the 55 custom user code (From P0101 -> P550101). But I guess you already tried that
grin.gif

In OMW, for any object, you can use tehe Object Librarian Object status to determine the timestamp of the object.

Also how did you copy the object in? If there is Activity Rules in the Object Management Configuration, you can verify how each object is copied and from where.

Good Luck!

Back