Consolidating Outside Operations for multiple WO's

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
Consolidating Outside Operations for multiple WO\'s

I've seen some posts on outside operations from the past few years, but thought I'd see if there's any new functionality or ideas out there on the issue of consolidating outside operations for multiple WO's.

Our issue has come about because if we process WO's "normally", we end up with one outside processing PO (at least) per WO. Several of our suppliers include a "setup charge" on a per-PO basis. So even if we have 4 or 5 outside operations to send to the supplier at the same time, we will get hit with the "setup charge" on each of the PO's. We would really like to be able to consolidate these outside operations onto a single PO. Has anyone else run into this situation, and/or do you have any ideas on how this can be addressed?

Re: Consolidating Outside Operations for multiple WO\'s

Hi.

We use the following setup.

The Work Orders generate Purchase Requisitions (OR), not Purchaser Orders (OP).

Then we consolidate several purchase Requisitions to one Purchase Orders (we use a different document type OD instead of OP). In this proccess we have set the options to not consolidate at item level, to not resume two orders in one line of the Purchase order.

The new purchase order gets the WO number in the Related Order filed, and the Requisition number in the Original order field

Finally you need a custom report to populate the number of the purchase order in the route. you can easily get the exact route with the line information of the new purchase order.

this setup is very simple and works fine.

Hi,
In our case, to consolidate the outside operation PO generated by the R31410, we developped a specific purchase order print UBE. We have a lot of issues with this solution and every time something change like a new vendor outside the EU, it's a nightmare. So I'm very interested with your solution, as it uses a maximum of standard. But when you said "Finally you need a custom report to populate the number of the purchase order in the route. you can easily get the exact route with the line information of the new purchase order", I understand, that you write this specific report to update the PO doc number and document type in the WO routing?, is-it true? and does this specific report updates the PO status?
Thanks a lot,
Regis

Hi,

From my experience, the report is for inquiry, and will not update the PO.
The following is our detailed steps:
1. Set the activity rule for OR and X;
2. Set the Document Type in PO of Order Processing to OR;
3. Run the Order Processing, and create ORs automatically;
4. Generate Purchase Order from Requisitions; (no consolidation). As Clmates said: The new purchase order gets the WO number in the Related Order field, and the Requisition number in the Original order field.
5. Then just do the same as direct OPs.
6. If you want to inquire which OP is for which WO, you have to do a report or a form for users. We developed a simple form for inquiry.

Hope this can help.

Yes, our report already update the route in the WO.

Our report uses F4311 as the data selection, and we execute with the numbers of the new generated PO. Then we select for each register in the F4311 the route by Related Order, Related Order type, and Original Order and Original Order Type, the originals are the OR that are stored in the route. when we get the match, we update the route with the DOCO and DCTO.

if you dont do this, the receipt can't open the esact operation to update.

Ah, i forget one answer, no, we don't update the OP status, but you could implement as well, for abetter control.

In our case, the same person consolidate, update the WO information, print the purchase order, and reprint the WO with the updated route information.

Clmates,

I don't think if you weren't do it, the receipt would not open the exact operation to update.

[ QUOTE ]

if you dont do this, the receipt can't open the esact operation to update.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, the Related Order and Order Type on WO's Routing is the OR number. But when you do receipt of OP which is generated from the OR, it still can update the WO's routing.

Well, we don't test without updating the Route, we update it because the manufacturing people need to know the PO number.

Back