Configuration and Signatures

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
Eric and the Administrators (aka "The Band"),

One of the recommended conventions for making a post on this site is that our configuration is included in our signature. When our configuration changes, we update our signature to reflect that change.

However, this can be misleading to readers of older posts as our signature, containing our current configuration, is displayed at the bottom of all our posts no matter how old they are. It can be important to know the configuration of the posters system at the time the post was made. If the poster's system configuration has changed, and the signature update accordingly, since the post was made, the content of the post may be misleading or not easily understood.

The obvious way to negate this problem is to include our configuration in the text of our post.

Are there any other options for handling this situation?

This is on the list. Hopefully advertising and job posts will pick up so that we can make further enhancements.

Eric (and "The Band"),

Sometimes I take for granted the improvements that are made to JDEList and I forget that there is a cost. I appreciate that this most valuable resource is free. I sometimes overlook that it is paid for by advertising and job posts. Here's hoping that as the world economy picks up, so does advertising and job posts on JDEList.

Back