Changing Versions/Data Selection

durhamjp

Hey guys/gals,
Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I work for a very small IT dept, and have been trying to change how we manage JDE here for a while. I doubt any of you remember, we were the company that only has a production environment, and does all our development in PROD. I recently was able to change that, and we now have a DEV pathcode/environment, and need some suggestions on how to handle versions/data selection.

The problem is we have various users (Non IT) that have access to change/create new versions of reports, and just change data selection and occasionally processing options. These changes are made directly in Production, as these are mostly last minute urgent changes. Ideally we would have these users make these changes in DEV and then move them to Prod, so everything matches, but one, these are mostly urgent; two, that is a lot of overhead just to change a data selection line.

We're afraid of making some event rules override, or section layout override on a version, and then accidentally reverting the data selection from the development version of the DS. Do any of you have this problem? How do you manage it? Any suggestions? Thanks.

TL;DR: End users make data selection changes in PROD, how to we avoid accidentally reverting those DS changes from DEV?

B7334 Upd1 SP 23PJ1
IBM I5 OS V5R3
No JAS server (not web based/enabled)

If you recreated the OMW rules correctly, then the check in process should check the version changes into DV as well as PD. So when you possibly promote the project in the future, it won't be overwriting with anything different.

Thanks for the reply Ken. We don't have it setup up that way, but that should work perfectly. Thanks!

do you allow users to still checkin to PD? I would change the OMW setup to checkin to DV only. This will require more overhead on your part with promotions etc, but enforces SDLC.

Back