Central Object and Replicated objects

Lucy

Hi List,
What is central object and what is replicated object in JD Edwards enterprise one.

Thanks in advance to all.

Lucy,
Jr. Technical consultant E812

Central Objects is the data source where the specifications for all E1 objects are stored. Specifications include the screen forms, report layouts, business views, table and index layouts, and (technically) versions. Data dictionary items are not stored there.

There should be 1 copy of Central Object tables for each path code on your system (DV, PD, PS, and PY).

Where are you seeing "replicated objects"? I don't know what you mean by that.

from what they taught me back in the days (xe): replicated objects are the result of package deployment. they contain the runnable code. compare this to installing a windows-program, say ms office: central objects <-> ms office cd (not runnable); deployment <-> installing the ms office cd; replicated objects <-> runnable apps (word, excel, etc.) on your pc.

It's correct,
replicated objects are copy of central object duplicated across the enterprise, so in logic server as fat client or java server trough serialized object.
More in general JDE Replicated objects is an implementation of a distributed architecture patterns for enterprise class software.

[ QUOTE ]
... replicated objects are the result of package deployment. they contain the runnable code ...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the terminology they use for that? I've just been calling it the "runnable copy." Of course, it's been a while since I took my classes (> 12 years).

i took mine "only" 9 yrs ago, so ok, you've got a good excuse
laugh.gif

Back