Cancelling Line on Related Works Order

aidy

aidy

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if there is a way to cancel a line on a works order automatically when the line on the related sales order is cancelled?

Many thanks
Aidy

8.9 SP1

If I remember well this functionality in't supported;
consider to implement custom logic to implement this as your business requires.

Regards

Bruno Condemi

Thanks for your reply, I've managed to find a solution.

P48013 Processing options needs to include the works order cancelled status code. Also the cut off status is used to identify a point in the manufacturing process when sales order activity should no longer effect a work order; Meaning the work order is too far along to stop, delay, or change processing.

P4210 Processing options also need to include the specific version of works order entry.

Thanks
Aidy

Hi Aidy,

If the work order remains at the status when the work order header was created and no parts list has been attached (status 10 for my company), the work order will advance to status 95 when the sales order is either cancelled or completed (should items be pulled from stock). The work order will process through manufacturing accounting, but since no transactions have taken place, there will be no impact the general ledger.

Hope this helps and good luck.

I just did something like this recently. If the W/O is created from a sales order and the sales order is now closed. Then you should add logic to either cancel the W/O, flag the W/O if it was started but not completed or force it to 95.

This would depend on your business logic. But if the W/O is based on a sales order and the sales order has been shipped. Then the work order should have already been completed. Assuming no holes in your procedures. When the SO ships and the W/O is not completed then most likely someone did something but did not properly enter the information in the system. Most likely your inventory is off and your G/L is off.

Rob

Hi,

I've been reading this email chain because I need to cancel all of the work orders in our system.<font color="white">.</font> I've added a WO status code of 95 (canceled), a Work Order Activity Rule that allows status 10 to go to status 95, and updated one of the work orders.

My specific problem is that even after changing the WO status to 95; column LIQWBO, "Quantity on Work Order Receipt" remains populated in table F41021.

We don't seem to have R3190 (Work Order Repost) in SP18.1.

Thanks,
Robert Berkey
B7333, SP18.1, Windows 2000, SQL Server 2000

Ok, we do have R3190.

For anyone who has found this post and has the same problem, "R3190" is not listed in the documentation dated 2000-09-08.<font color="white">.</font> There is an indirect reference, but it is not in "Work Orders", it is in "Shop Floor Management."<font color="white">.</font> It references the menu "G3131" and references the UBE as "Repost Open Quantities".

Thanks to those in this forum who have drawn attention to the existence of R3190,
Robert Berkey

Back