Call RUNUBEXML via RPC from another machine?

rhunt01

Well Known Member
I need to call RUNUBEXML by calling it via RPC (don't care about the method of RPC) from another machine.

We are currently running it directly on our NT application server and it works great as long as someone is actually explicitly running it. What I mean is, If I have my RUNUBEXML requests in a bat file and double click on it or actually run it via cmd.exe, it works perfectly.

If we run it via RPC or from a scheduled task (as in NT task) using my very same credentials, it fails with "Could not initialize an ENV handle for User in Environment" (Error code 1).

RUNUBEXML seems to be requiring something from a user profile (which I don't believe is in scope when being called via RPC or via system scheduled task).

Has anyone had much success with the scenario I am describing?

Please look at our ESI JDE XML UBE Submitter as an alternative.

What you are hitting here, is probably a W2008 thing - irrespective of the credentials, it would run in a different terminal session and will be entirely isolated from the session where JDE runs, making IPC access all but impossible...

You should check out tech doc 661914.1 - on the "JXMLTool" - will let you submit XML UBE submissions (among other things) via the XML Request kernel.

Provides sample Java code and config info to do this from a simple Java-based GUI, but could be modified to be command-line driven fairly easily. Can run from a separate machine than your EOne server, as well. Provided you've got some dev experience, this could be the way to go.

[ QUOTE ]
I need to call RUNUBEXML by calling it via RPC (don't care about the method of RPC) from another machine.

We are currently running it directly on our NT application server and it works great as long as someone is actually explicitly running it. What I mean is, If I have my RUNUBEXML requests in a bat file and double click on it or actually run it via cmd.exe, it works perfectly.

If we run it via RPC or from a scheduled task (as in NT task) using my very same credentials, it fails with "Could not initialize an ENV handle for User in Environment" (Error code 1).

RUNUBEXML seems to be requiring something from a user profile (which I don't believe is in scope when being called via RPC or via system scheduled task).

Has anyone had much success with the scenario I am describing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar:

In order to execute RUNUBE from the Enterprise Server it is necessary that you be logged on to
the server console using the same NT username that is running the OneWorld services

OneWorld processes use IPC (memory) resources that cannot be modified by users other
than the owner of the process

Back