C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

Shawn Vadnais

Shawn Vadnais

I have new 8.11 SP1 install, all servers are Windows 2003 SP1, the database is SQL 2000 SP4, Servers match current MTRs to a tee and prereq software does as well. Running tools release 8.95 L1 on all servers.

When I start the E1 services on the Enterprise Server, I recieve the following errors in my JDE.LOG for the security server kernel.

968/408 MAIN_THREAD Wed Jul 05 08:48:15.409000 ipcmisc.c299
process 968 <jdenet_k> registered in entry 23

968/408 MAIN_THREAD Wed Jul 05 08:48:15.424000 Netcfg.c265
Starting Kernel of Type:SECURITY KERNEL

968/408 MAIN_THREAD Wed Jul 05 08:48:16.534000 jdeksec.c756
INITIALIZING SECURITY SERVER KERNEL

968/2892 FOREIGN_THREAD Wed Jul 05 08:48:16.847000 ntexhnd.cpp101
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

Obviously, without a working security server kernel my other services die a slow death, and JAS users can sign in.

If I disable Security server, the services start, but JAS will not work without security server since I am not using single signon.

I have seen several posting for similar errors, but no resolution. I have a call opened with Oracle, but they are of course being their usual unhelpful selves.

I suspected a DEP issue with Windows, so I disabled it completely by removing the /noexecute in the boot.ini

Anyone have any suggestions on what may causing this issue and better yet how to fix it?
confused.gif

Shawn

E1 8.11 SP1, Win 2003 SP1, SQL 2000 SP4, 1 Dep Server, 1 Ent Server, 1 JAS Server.

Hi,

1. Does your Enterprise server name have more than 10
characters? Try with a shorter name, I found several
nasty bugs when Enterprise server names has more than
10 chars or less than 3 chars.

2. Have you tried with some other Tools release?
You can try from the following 8.94Q1 (very stable to me),
8.95M1 (maybe it fixes 8.95L1) and 8.96B1 (haven't tested)

Regards,

Shawn, issues with security kernel are usually caused by misconfigured security section in the jde.ini. Could you post your server jde.ini plus the debug log of your security kernel? I also agree that it is a good idea to try start services with a different tools release.
Regards.

JJO

I'd like to open this thread back up. We have a system, 8.12/8.96_F1/SQL Server that is doing exactly the same thing, getting an ACCESS_VIOLATION error on the Security Server KERNEL.

It's not consistent though. When we built this system a few months ago it had this problem, then we rebooted it one day and the Security Server KERNEL worked. Now the last few days the error is back. I can find nothing that has changed, and I've done all the due-diligence as far as account information is concerned. No account has been changed or is locked out, either in the DB, or E1.

I fully expect from past experience, at some point it will start working again. I'd just like to figure out what's causing the problem so we can resolve it permanently.

I thank you in advance for any input you have.

-MEW

Do you have DrWatson logs for this error? It would be helpful...

See Solution ID 200968924

Make sure the following is set in the Enterprise Sever jde.ini.

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
ConnectionPooling=0

Also clear the temp folders, IE cache & temp folders.

Colin

"I suspected a DEP issue with Windows, so I disabled it completely by removing the /noexecute in the boot.ini"

There is a setting /NOEXECUTE=ALWAYSOFF that seems to keep the DEP from causing issues with the Kernel processes. It may not be a fix but I had intermittent problem until used that flag.

Thanks very much for the reply's! I wasted two days and part of a weekend trying to resolve this. I should have placed my issue before the Masters right away.

Back
Top Bottom