C & DLL?

badri01

Hi Friends,

Can any one help me to develop my C knowledge which we need for JDE.I would like to know what a DLL is ? Why we assign some specific DLL to specific modules or system codes and what is the advantage we get by doing that.What issue we could get if we assign the CCUSTOM dll for all the Business Functions we create.Also please tell me about any specific documentation I can go thro which may help me to improve my C which I need in JDE programming and for third party Integration purposes.Thanks in Advance.
Badri

Badri,

A DLL (Dynamic Link Library) consists of a set of compiled functions that any application
can use. In OneWorld, these functions are created in modules. Several modules are then
compiled and linked to create a DLL. The modules are given system codes purely for
organizational purposes. For example, all sales order specific modules are assinged
to sytem code 42, and to library (DLL) CSALES.

You will not have any issue if you assign CCUSTOM as the library for all your custom
business functions. The OneWorld developer's guide will probably have more information.

Hari Sharma
Aellius Professsional Research & Consulting
www.aellius.com

Back